Alabama Public Records Search

First name
Last name

Chilton County Marriage & Divorce Records

Under state law of Alabama, both marriage and divorce records are considered to be public knowledge. Because of this, any resident of Alabama may access these records at any time, and for any reason. This means that you may learn about the nuptial status of persons in Alabama, whether they have ever been divorced, and how many times they have been married.

In Alabama, these records, which fall under the umbrella of Vital Records, are stored and maintained by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Their main website, located at, details their full services.

If you wish to request a copy of a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or inquire as to the marital status of anyone living in Alabama, then simply visit the corresponding ADPH website at and fill out the proper paperwork.

Alternatively, if you are looking to obtain a copy of a divorce record for anyone living in Alabama, then visit the corresponding ADPH web page at and fill out the paperwork as indicated.

You should note, however, that the first copy of all types of Vital Records, including both marriage and divorce papers require a fee of fifteen dollars each. Every copy requested after the 1st copy costs six dollars each.

You might also visit the webpage for the Chilton County office of the ADPH at In addition to listing the local services they provide, they also allow you to request copies for Vital Records at the local office.