Alabama Public Records Search

First name
Last name

Clarke County Marriage and Divorce Records

Unlike some types of Vital Records, such as birth records and death certificates, both marriage & divorce records are considered to be public knowledge. Provided that you are willing to pay a small fee, you are free to request information regarding the marital status of any individual residing in Alabama.

Why would you want this type of information? Perhaps the person whom you are dating hasn’t been entirely honest about their marital background, or maybe they are even married now. Regardless of what reasons you may have for looking up this type of information, the best – and only – place to begin is at the Alabama Department of Public Health. The ADPH handles every aspect of Vital Records in Alabama. Their homepage is

To find specific information about all types of Vital Records, then you should visit

The best way to procure any type of Vital Record, including both marriage & divorce records, is to visit the Clarke County branch of the Alabama Department of Public Health. This office is located at 22600 Highway 84 East in Grove Hill. They may be contacted by telephone at (251)275-3772, and their webpage is located at The hours of operation of this office at 8:00AM to 5:00PM.

A final point is that obtaining an official copy of a marriage certificate or a divorce record will cost $15.00 for the first copy of any such record. Additional copies after the first record will cost $6.00.